Wednesday, March 2, 2011

go for it.

all my life, i've been a performer. i love singing, acting, dancing, and even though it sounds a little vain, being in front of a camera. it's just what i do.
when i got into junior high and high school, they were always pushing us to take all these career tests and figure out what we were going to do for the rest of our life. number one, i don't understand why we have to decide on a career when we're sixteen years old. i don't want to be one of those people that wake up when they're forty years old with the bitter realization that they hate what they do. number two, i've always wanted to be a performer, but they always told us "it isn't practical, you have to go into something you can get a degree in, don't take the chance," so on and so forth.
but nothing else interests me enough to do it for the rest of my life. believe me, i've dabbled in a lot of things, and they just didn't work out. i can't bring myself to do a job for the rest of my life that i only think is mediocre.
so i've decided that i'm going to try my hand at modeling. one of my really good friends has been modeling for about five years, so i asked for some suggestions from her and got a lot of really great tips, and gained a few contacts.
i'm a little nervous, because having an uncertain future makes me a little frightened. but i'm willing to give it a shot and try to step out of my little bubble. :]
wish me luck!

this is my very good friend, cassie.
www.modelmayhem.com/710129

No comments:

Post a Comment