Friday, September 2, 2011

contemplation and rambling.

sometimes all you need in life is a new path, and i'm finally on mine.
i know that  people probably still stare at me and talk about me behind my back. i still get letters in the mail from people that think i'm broken, that think i need to talk about it, that think i need to heal. that think i need to be treated differently.
i guess i've gotten so used to being treated differently that i forgot what anything else was like.
most people don't want anything to do with a 20 year old divorcee. not that i can blame them - i probably wouldn't know how to treat me, either. so when i meet someone who doesn't turn their head when i tell them about my past, my universe gets shaken just a little bit. when people treat me exactly the same as anybody else is what really hits home.
i've put up a lot of walls, both before and after my marriage. it's one of the things i do best. maybe, now that i'm on the walk of life that i'm supposed to be on, some of those walls can come down.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment